Why is it important to help India?
Take a look at India Poverty Facts…
According to UNICEF
- There are over 25 million orphans in India.
- 5,000 children under the age of 5 die every day in India due to preventable causes.
According to the World Health Organization:
- 49% of Children under five years old are stunted for their age.
- 43% of Children under five years old are underweight.
- Life expectancy at birth m/f (years): 62/64.
- Healthy life expectancy at birth m/f (years, 2003): 53/54.
- 49 % of the world's underweight children, 34% of the world's stunted children and 46% of the world's wasted children, live in India.
According to the United Nations
- More than 56% pf households do not have electricity connections in India
- 27.5% of Indians live below the poverty line
- More than 60% of women in India are chronically poor
*According to the Global Hunger Index: India has the highest child malnutrition rate of the world's regions.